Unlike the commonly used white sugar, jaggery has a high nutritional value and should be consumed on a regular basis for a healthy lifestyle. Dieticians frequently recommend it in the diet because it has numerous health benefits.
- Jaggery is a more complex carbohydrate than simple sugar. As a result, it is gradually digested and absorbed, and it releases energy gradually. This gives warmth and energy for a longer amount of time without causing injury to the internal organs.
- Jaggery cleans the respiratory tracts, lungs, foodpipe, and stomach, as well as removing dust and undesirable particles from the body. It also aids in constipation alleviation, maybe due to the amount of fibre in it.
- Jaggery stimulates digestive enzymes and converts to acetic acid in the stomach. This expedites digestion.
- Jaggery is rich in minerals, particularly iron, with traces of other mineral salts. While the majority of the iron in it is obtained through processing in iron vessels, the other minerals are obtained directly from the sugar cane juice, as this juice is neither refined or bleached in any way.
- Jaggery is manufactured without the use of any chemicals. It contains crucial elements such as salts and magnesium, which helps to improve our nervous system and relax our muscles.
- Jaggery enriched with selenium functions as an antioxidant. It contains potassium and sodium, which help to maintain the acid balance in body cells and control blood pressure.
- Jaggery is also high in iron, which aids in the prevention of anaemia. It also aids in the treatment of asthma due to its anti-allergy characteristics.
- It contains a modest amount of calcium, phosphorus, and zinc and so aids in blood purification, the prevention of rheumatic diseases, and the treatment of bile disorders. It can also be used to treat jaundice.
- It aids in reducing water retention in the body and, as a result, aids in weight control. Jaggery is a more complex carbohydrate than simple sugar. As a result, it is gradually digested and absorbed, and it releases energy gradually. This gives warmth and vitality for a longer amount of time while causing no harm to the inside organs.